Monday, March 14, 2011

I didn't hear Oasis playing in the back ground.

After running the Vue to a mechanic friend for some barter work to be completed, Bobbie and I were returning home and came upon the idea that we didn't want to cook dinner. We bypassed our home and made a bee-line for the local Subway Sandwich Restaurant. After Bobbie reappeared from inside the restaurant doors, we then made a break for the driveway apron. One home, I must admit that I was quite fatigued. there was nothing special to note from work. The day was neither hectic nor was it notably mentally draining.

Somehow, I found my way onto the bed and was roused around 8:00 o'clock p.m.. Making my way out of the now evening darkened room, I stumble out into the neon light of the hall and peeped sleepily around into the living room to see that Courtney was about to start tonight's pixel parade.

On tap tonight was:


Alright, I have to admit that this wasn't one of the films I'd selectively seek to view in a cineplex, but, as a rental, it's cheap enough for me to not feel so guilty to have spent some time on it. So, as usual, we've placed our behinds into the dents that we've made in the couch from previous film screenings. I couldn't help but to keep my iPod at arms length should I need to find a break from the television screen.

Pleasantly surprised, this is a "cute" story of  a woman who's been let go from a job in the television production business. We follow her as she seeks gainful employment with another televising firm and heads up their B-rated-if not forgettable-morning show. As she takes charge, she begins to find the niches of the people that she is working with and forges a "family" from those "loose ends".

A story of, perseverance, hard work and commitment with a sweet "she lived happily ever after" ending, is what this title presents. One can watch this with anyone who may have enjoyed The Devil Wears Prada.

This is a typical vanilla movie without much range of character depth, but the saving grace is that it's a "cute" film that chicks will love. For this, the movie receive 4 out of 10 CARA ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment