Monday, March 14, 2011

Not your average Comic Convention topic.

Helping an old friend with his home construction Thursday and Friday has monopolized the time that I was able to spend with Courtney. It's a wonderful thing to know that she let's me do these things with an unparalleled understanding of what friends do for each other. It's good to see that she and her brother have a deep understanding of this concept. It's not that friends may stay in one's life for the entire time, but it is about being dedicated to a bond and nurturing the growth of that bond.

My children are a sight to behold as the grow to early adulthood. It brings me much hope that I haven't corrupted them with my own personal demons-On that note, we'll continue this prospect where we left off.

For the next viewing we chose:



To my amazement, I hadn't realized that Courtney's never had the opportunity to see this feature in it's entirety. After a game of Life, she and Max moved to positions on the over sized chair and the couch to continue the visual onslaught of this Tarantino gore fest-It was grand to know that they are mature enough to understand the series of story plays is purely for the shock value-Not to mention that they can follow the jagged sequenced story line.

Set in Tarantino's vision of Los Angeles, the fragmented story tracks the exploits of two hit men as they argue about moot points, have bloody exploits and contemplate moral issues that ensnare their works. Many more players are introduced into the story to give the movie more depth but the hit men are the glue to the segments. Much like the Coen brothers, Tarantino envisions much of this campy L.A. life with his own twits. A great script with brilliant banter and the use of role shifting actors, this is defiantly one of the director/writers best works-In my opinion.

Do I need to suggest any more films to view with this? If I must, just check out the other Tarantino flicks. I mean, if you liked this one, you'll probably enjoy his other grind house styled pictures.

This'll rate a 8 out of 10 brief cases for the witty banter alone.

I hope Marsellus Wallace doesn't know about this-because if he finds out, I may end up like Zed.

No comments:

Post a Comment