Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Turn on the light...Please?

To make up for missing last Friday's movie, I watched a movie titled:


It picture takes place in Italy during the 40's after Mussolini's demise. Though the opening scenes started out promising, as the plot unfolded, it soon became apparent that this wasn't a flick that carried the cast to it's-possible-potential. I couldn't help but to take stock in how long it took to set the scenes and introduce the players.

The development of this drama/thriller/detective story isn't really all that it should be considering the actors listed in the cast. I'm going to chalk this one up to poor directing. Normally, I'd turn a boring film like this off as quickly as I'd pull the plug on movies like; Biker Boyz, Torque, and Harley Davidson and The Marlboro Man.

The only thing that saved this film was Paz Vega. Her dance steps were enough to watch it through the lounge sequence, but after that, pull it and turn on your local broadcasting.One of the inexcusable aspects of this picture was that Paz Vega is supposed to be an Italian national, but one can clearly tell by her accent that she's Spanish. I guess a pretty face can't save a lack of talent for dropping her native accent.

As for a film rating, this one gets 2 bullets in the head out of 10-Because I was so stupid by renting it that I need a "double tap" for doing so.
.
My recommendation is to either save your cash or rent Inception instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment